Friday, September 10, 2010

History Repeating

It truly is a sad thing when you see something that never should have happened to one generation.... happen again to the next generation.
This is how I feel about my kids being alienated from me. My ex-wife was alienated from her father and to be truthful he was the kind of parent that didn't want to be in his kids lives even though they tried to be in his, so my ex grew up without a father's love and devotion and now she is doing the same thing to our children. I want to be a part of my kids lives in every way possible and that has never changed and never will.
Instead my ex-wife made the decision to replace my role as a loving, supportive and nurturing father to a person that I thought was a friend, Simon Moon (aka, Deadlord, Damien Black, Si or Sly). Little more than one month after Natasha and I were seperated Simon was moved in and  his name was on the title of the house.  She was taken in by his con and in 2007 she forced me into a situation that had me give up parental rights to Simon with the acception that my mom and sister would still have visitation rights. I would be able to talk on the phone and send gifts, money etc., but what I didn't know then was I would never be able to see them again nor talk to them or have any kind of communication what-so-ever with my kids until they are over the age of 18. The law states I have certain rights as do grandparents but when not enforced what good is the law, where is the justice?
I'm not going to go into the details of why I allowed such a thing to happen, That is something that I have been slowly piecing together in my blog and to be honest some things are better left to discuss in person. Until someone walks a mile in your shoes no one can truly say they would have done different. What I did would ultimately benefit no one but my kids and I can honestly say everything I did was for them and no one else. I wish I could say the same about Natasha.


This section is about how I got here and where I am now. I'm in a happy place now with a new life. I had hoped with all my heart that my kids would be a part of that life and be able to share all that equal parenting has to offer, but sadly that is not the case. So I continue to build, learn and strive to be a better person and in the end a better father for one day when my kids are ready I will be here for them, without the bitter hurt of the past but with open arms of unconditional love. They will be angry and confused with many questions but I'm ready for it when they are.

I hope other parents suffering from the hands of an obsessed alienator will seek comfort, knowledge and understanding in my story, for now it is a sad one that lives in my heart but not without hope and the belief that there is always a happy ending. An ending that see's my kids back in my life.

Patrick

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Birthday Cake!

Birthday Cake!

Family Reunion

Family Reunion